- 4 slices of bacon
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1- 14.5 ounce can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large zucchini
- 2-3 cups arugula (I did 3 cups spinach)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and coat with cooking spray. Once heated, add in the bacon slices and cook for 2-3 minutes. Flip over and cook another 3-5 minutes or until crispy. Set aside on a paper-lined plate.
- Wipe down the skillet and place it back over medium-high heat. Add in the olive oil and once heated, add in the garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Then add in the tomatoes and tomato paste. Season with salt, pepper, and oregano and let cook for 10 minutes or until sauce is fully reduced.
- Once reduced, add in the arugula (I did spinach) and zucchini noodles. Cook, tasting frequently, for 2-3 minutes or until noodles wilt and cook through. Remove from heat and stir in the grated parmesan cheese. Toss noodle mixture until cheese melts and then crumble in the bacon and give another toss to combine.
- Serve immediately.